Friday, September 5, 2008

Typewriter scuplture

Jeremy Mayer makes sculptures from old typewriter parts, like this reclining lady.

"I disassemble typewriters and then reassemble them into full-scale, anatomically correct human figures. I do not solder, weld, or glue these assemblages together- the process is entirely cold assembly.

I'm very interested in assembly, particularly in nature. I pay very close attention to the strong current in science and technology flowing inexorably toward an emulation of natural systems. Over the years I've been watching the advances in molecular engineering and biotechnology with giddy anticipation and also with a faint ping of trepidation. I love the sciences and science fiction, and both disciplines often stress the importance of considering the ramifications of implementing new technologies. These interests figure greatly into my sculpture and drawings. "

(http://www.jeremymayer.com/Artist.asp?ArtistID=18688&Akey=23SVCF6T)

Check out his website, see more of his works, and get information about his past a future shows here
http://www.jeremymayer.com

No comments: